What is Gingival Aesthetics?
Gingival aesthetics is a treatment method called pink aesthetics that ensures that the recessions, color changes and asymmetry in the gingivals are eliminated and the teeth and gingivals are brought to the standards they should be. Today, various methods are applied in the treatment of gingival disorders that negatively affect social life. With this application, while the gingivals that appear too much while laughing are recovered, sometimes the gingivals may need to be made smaller.
How to Have an Esthetic Smile?
It is not enough to have only white and aesthetic teeth in order to have a healthy and aesthetic smile. This means that an aesthetic smile cannot be achieved only by teeth whitening. In addition to the fact that the teeth are properly aligned and healthy, the harmony with the gingivals also becomes important for a beautiful smile.
The healthiness, color and length of the gingivals complement the dental aesthetics and are of great importance for an eye-catching smile.For each tooth, there is a limit to the level at which the gingivals are located. If this limit is spoiled, so does the oral aesthetics.
A healthy gingival is light pink, firmly attached to the teeth and bone, and has a bright and rough appearance. Asymmetrical gingival edges cause the teeth to appear uneven and the smile line to be crooked. In such cases, it is possible to have an aesthetic smile with gingival aesthetics.
What are the Advantages of Gingival Aesthetics?
Gingival aesthetics also prevent gingival disorders. These diseases affect the tissue called periodonsium, which surrounds the teeth. If the treatment of gingival diseases is not carried out, it progresses and can cause bone tissue collapses and tooth loss. While it is possible to treat gingival diseases called gingivitis, it is not always possible to recover the tissue in cases where it causes loss of bone tissue. Prevention of these diseases is possible with gingival aesthetics applications other than regular care and controls.
- Easy to apply: Gingivals that look too much when laughing or talking lead to an undesirable appearance. This condition, which is of great importance for Hollywood Smile, which is one of the popular applications of recent years, can be solved by using laser in a single session with gingival aesthetics treatment.
- It supports the protection of oral health: The formation of dental inflammation is prevented, gingival recessions, bleeding in the gums, bad odor and mouth sores are also prevented with gingival aesthetics.
- It eliminates gingival sensitivity: Since the gingivals are become healthier, the sensitivity of eating is also eliminated.
- It provides an aesthetic appearance: In cases where the teeth appear too long or in cases where the teeth are too seperated, the teeth can be restored to the appearance they should be in this way. In Aesthetic Dentistry, teeth are reduced to the level they should be with gingival aesthetics, color changes in the gingivals are eliminated and a symmetrical and healthy smile is created.
If you want to be remembered and be held up as an example with your smile, you can immediately apply to our clinic and get detailed information from our dentists.
When is gingival aesthetics applied?
- Gingival aesthetics can be applied if the gingivals look excessive when smiling. This condition is called Gummy Smile. When designing personal smiles, these excesses in the gingivals are determined. Redundancy areas are brought to the level that should be painlessly without bleeding by using lasers or cauteries. The use of lasers for this application both reduces the recovery process and prevents the formation of bleeding as a result of the surgical operation.
- One of the most common disorders in the gingivals is swelling and bruises caused by gingival inflammation. After the gingival aesthetics treatment applied for this condition, regular carrying out of personal oral care and emphasis on oral hygiene are effective in solving the problem. Laser-assisted treatment reduces the possibility of recovery and recurrence of the problem. After mechanical cleaning of the gingivals, the areas called pockets where bacterial accumulations are high are cleaned with the help of lasers.
- Recessions may occur in the gingivals as a result of inflammation or as a result of aging. One of the biggest problems caused by this condition is the black cavities it creates between the teeth. Teeth due to recession appear longer than they should and create an aesthetically unpleasant appearance. Gingivals are added to the patients and gaps are closed with gingival aesthetics.
- Due to genetic factors, gingivals appear dark in some patients due to melanin pigment effect, not light pink. This condition can be eliminated in as little as 15 minutes with gingival aesthetics.
Despite the surgical operations performed, sometimes the problem of the appearance of the gingivals can continue when laughing in some people. In this case, Botulinum toxin application from the lower part of the nose to two points together changes the expression and prevents the appearance of gingivals.
How to Be Applied Gingival Aesthetics?
The treatment method to be applied for gingival aesthetics varies according to the complaints that exist in the gingivals. After the comprehensive examination to be carried out by our specialist physicians, the treatment plan is determined and the patient is informed to ensure that the gingivals have the appearance they should be.
The treatment is carried out under local anesthesia and improvements are made to the gingivals without any pain of the patient. The treatment can be performed in as little as 15 minutes by using laser.
There are multiple methods used in gingival aesthetics:
- With the gingivectomy method, gingival enlargement and excess gingivas in areas with deep pockets are removed, the excessive appearance of the gingivas and the existing asymmetry are eliminated. Gingival contour is fixed and the gingivas are ensured to take the necessary form.
- With the regenerative method, it is aimed to regenerate the supporting tissue, which has been destroyed due to periodontal diseases, by stimulating the systems in the body. The tissues affected by the disease are removed. The membrane provides the formation of new support tissue by means of bone graft and tissue-stimulating proteins.
- In teeth with excessive tissue loss by the method of extending their crown length, the length of the crown is extended on the teeth in cases where the cavity extends under the gingivals. The excess gingivals are removed and the bone is reshaped. Thus, the teeth are made to appear longer.
- Soft tissue grafting method is applied in cases where root surfaces are exposed in patients with recession in the gingivals. In such cases, the teeth appear longer than they should be, and the root surfaces that remain open create sensitivity. Gingival recession can occur due to hard brushing, nail biting or pencil biting habits, or as a result of aging. This method is applied to increase the lost gingival tissue in order to cover the exposed tooth roots.
Sıkça Sorulan Sorular
The cost of Gingival aesthetics varies according to the treatment procedure of the person. If there is no gingival disease, the average cost is indicated in the Treatment Summary table below. You can visit our Price List page to get information about the cost of all our treatment services.
Since gingival aesthetics applications are performed with local anesthesia, no pain is felt. After the operation, there is some pain with the effect of anesthesia, but this pain is easily passed with the painkillers recommended by the physician.
Since the treatment is mostly applied by laser, the healing process is faster since there is no bleeding. The gingivals fully heal within 2 weeks.
|DİKKAT: Her birey eşsizdir. Tedavi süreci, sonucu ve planlaması herkes için farklılık gösterebilir. Burada gördüğünüz değerler ortalama değerlerdir. Buradaki yazılar bilgilendirme amaçlıdır. Tıbbi araştırma niteliği taşımaz ve tıbbi işlemler için kullanılamaz.|
|Seans/ Operasyon Sayısı||1|
|Operasyon Süresi||1- 2 saat|
|Tam İyileşme||3 Gün|
|Fiyat||500- 1000 $|