What is Zirconium Crown?
Zirconium Crowns, which offer a natural and aesthetic smile, are one of the important applications of cosmetic dentistry. Zirconium, classified as a member of the titanium family, is processed in special furnaces and made into zirconia ceramics and used in cosmetic dentistry. It is a natural material that is tissue-compatible, does not cause allergic reactions, is highly durable, provides color integrity, eliminates hot-cold sensitivity.
It is included in the group of metal-free Crowns. Since it has high light transmittance, it looks natural and does not create a shadowy appearance like metal crowns. One of the popular applications of cosmetic dentistry in recent years, Hollywood smile is one of the materials frequently used in smile design.
What Are The Advantages Of Zirconium Crowns?
- It is durable and long-lasting: A well-made Zirconium Crown will be no different from a healthy natural tooth. It is highly resistant to abrasions.
- It does not contain metal. Patients with metal allergies can easily use Zirconium Crowns and, like other metal-containing Crowns, the taste of metal is not felt in the mouth.
- It doesn’t stain and go yellowing: Zirconium Crowns, which are quite durable compared to other Crowns, do not require a special maintenance routine. As a result of regular practice of your daily oral care, you can use it in a healthy way for life.
- Less abraded tooth: In the treatment of crown with zirconium, the tooth is less eroded than other Crowning methods. At the same time, even very sensitive and attention-demanding dental problems can be easily treated with zirconium treatment.
- High Light Transmittance: Zirconium Crowns have greater light transmittance than metal-assisted Crowns, which makes the tooth Crown look more natural. Black lines and darkening around the gums seen in metal-supported Crowns are not encountered in Zirconium Crowns.
- Plaque formation is not observed: Its surface is completely smooth and sheltered. Zirconium Crown, which is compatible with gums, is also reliably applied in patients prone to gingival disorders.
- Its heat sensitivity is low: Since the temperature conductivity is low, the hot and cold sensitivity commonly encountered in other crowns is not seen in Zirconium Crowns. There is no feeling of discomfort when consuming iced drinks or drinking a hot soup.
When Is Zirconium Crown Used?
- Zirconium Crown, which is preferred for both aesthetics and health, is frequently preferred for the purpose of personalized smile design in Hollywood smile application, which is one of today’s trends.
- In cases where teeth whitening processes are inadequate, it is preferred to eliminate discoloration and staining of the teeth. Thanks to its light transmittance, it provides a natural and white appearance for many years.
- As an alternative to orthodontic treatment, it is preferred to eliminate disproportion and deformities in the teeth. (For this procedure, the distance between the teeth should not be too long.)
- They are used to cover a tooth with root canal treatment, if the loss of substance is excessive.
- Zirconium Crown is also preferred because of its robustness to keep the tooth bridge stable.
If you want to be remembered and be held up as an example with your smile, you can immediately apply to our clinic and get detailed information from our dentists.
How Is Zirconium Crown Made?
Zirconium dental treatment is carried out in several stages. After the patient’s expectations are listened to and problems that may be an obstacle to oral health treatment are detected, a treatment plan is prepared. The structure, color, size, shape, harmony of the teeth with each other and harmony with the gums, lips, face shape are important.
Therefore, computer-generated designs are used for Zirconium Crown today. It takes about 7 days for the teeth to be reduced by abrasion before the Crowning, the selection of Zirconium Crown, digital processes, mold creation, determination of dimensions, preparation of the Crown and the completion of the process.
Stages of treatment:
- The teeth are slightly reduced.
- Measurements are taken from the teeth.
- Models are created in the laboratory from the measurements taken. Color and size adjustments are made
- Zirconium is created and porcelain is prepared.
- The Crown, which is harmonized for the tooth, is integrated with the tooth using special adhesives.
What is the Difference Between Zirconium Crowns and Other Crowns?
Cosmetic dentistry is developing day by day and the methods used in line with the demands of the patients vary. There are more than one method preferred by patients in smile design. Although Zirconium Crowns are the most popular application, Lumineer Veneers , E-Max Veneers and Porcelain Crowns are also requested by patients.
Porcelain Lumineer Veneers vs Zirconium Crown
Lumineer Veneers are thinner than Zirconium Crowns and often do not require aversation operation. No pain is felt during the application and no needles are used. Crowns can be easily removed according to the patient’s request. Zirconium Crowns cut the teeth to make them smaller, while Laminated Porcelain Crowns do not require this.
E-max Veneers vs Zirconium Crowns
Since the E-max Veneer is not as durable as Zirconium Crowns, it is mainly used for aesthetic purposes in front teeth. Being less resistant to stresses such as chewing and teeth tightening is an obstacle to its use in the back teeth. Although E-max Veneer is preferable given its greater light transmittance and more natural appearance, Zirconium Crowns are more successful in meeting patients’ expectations in terms of longevity and comfort. Both Crowning methods have many advantages and disadvantages. While E-max Veneers are preferred in terms of aesthetics, Zirconium Crowns is preferred by physicians in terms of health.
Porcelain Crown vs Zirconium Crown
Metal-assisted Crown process is performed in porcelain Crown process. Lack of light transmittance causes it to move away from natural tooth color. Porcelain Crown can cause gingival recession and causes purple color to form around the gingivas over time.
What Should Be Careful About While Zirconium Crowns?
The quality of the method and material used in the treatment of zirconium Crown is of great importance in order to get healthy results. Zirconium Crown is as comfortable and long-lasting as healthy natural teeth when applied correctly by experienced doctors. Marmara Smile determines appropriate treatment methods in line with the demands of patients with its experienced and expert doctors and applies the most appropriate treatment in a way that prioritizes patient health.
One of the main concerns of patients about tooth crowning is to encounter an artificial appearance and tooth sensitivities that may occur after Crown. However, its biocompatibility, longevity, harmony with natural teeth in terms of color and function Zirconium Crowns eliminate these concerns.
Zirconium Crown application during pregnancy can be performed with the approval of the obstetrician. With the approval of the doctor, patients can have Zirconium Crown between the 3rd and 6th months of pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of zirconium crowns is high compared to other Crowns, but this is a cost that should not be avoided considering the long-term comfort and patient expectations it provides. As a result of the correct application of the crowns , its life is as long as the root life of the tooth. You can find out the average costs of all our services from our Price List page.
No, that’s not recommended. First of all, after your dental and gingival diseases are detected and varioustreatments are done, Crowning is applied.
These possibilities are almost identical to the possibility of a healthy real tooth breaking and cracking. Cracks can very rarely occur when reverse pressure and excess force are applied. In such a case, it can be repaired and corrected in our clinic. The risk of falling may be in cases such as decay of the underlying healthy tooth and loss of substances. In such a case, after the tooth is treated, the Crown is re-glued.
|Attention: Each person is unique. Duration, planning and the result of the treatment can be different for everyone. The information given in the table are basic and average and it doesn’t represent fully accurate information for medical or scientific reliance.|
|Number Of Sessions||2|
|Duration Of Operation||30 Minutes|
|Duration Of Sensitivity||15- 30 Days|
|Persistence Of Results||Continuous|
|Price||3000- 4200 $|