Fiber Post Treatment
What is Fiber Post Treatment?
Fiber Post Canal Treatment is a technique applied with the support of root canal treatment in case the fillings would fail and prevent that happening. Nails or screw-like objects produced with dental materials are called “post“. It can be produced in the laboratory by casting procedure and metal alloy materials, or it can be applied by using composite filling materials and ready-made dental screws. Fiber post technique, which aims to support and strengthen tooth roots, prevents tooth fractures caused by material losses.
What are the Advantages of Fiber Post Treatment?
Fiber Post Treatment is a highly reliable application for the recovery of lost dental functions and aesthetics. Other advantages are;
- Prevents tooth loss.
- The vitality of the tooth is regained.
- After the root canal treatment, the teeth are strengthened with fiber rods placed in the roots.
- It is an ideal method for cracks and deep caries.
- It prevents the progression of infection to the tissues at the root tip.
What are the Steps of Fiber Post Application?
If the roots that are performed by root canal treatment are intact, a post receiving root canal support is placed. Roots are strengthened by placing the fiber rods in the tooth root canal.
- Root canal treatment is performed before the post is placed.
- After the canal treatment, the canal and the pulp are shaped by the dentist.
- The tooth is measured and sent to the laboratory for metal post.
- The prepared post is adhered to the roots by the dentist.
- The post and tooth tissue are shaped before the veneer is placed.
Cases in which Fiber Post Treatment cannot be applied
Fiber post treatment may not be applicable in every case. This varies according to the patients’ tooth and root structure.
- Since the root canal treatment cannot be performed on the teeth with skewed and thin roots, fiber posts cannot be placed.
- Teeth with occluded root canals.
- Presence of fractures and cracks in tooth roots.
- In cases of excessive caries that have advanced to the root tissues of the tooth..
- Teeth under the gums and unsuitable for restoration.
- In patients with inadequate oral hygiene.
What is the difference between Metal Post and Fiber Post?
Fiber posts are applied in a single session with strong adhesives, while metal posts are physically attached to the tooth roots.
Fiber post treatment can be applied if there is sufficient bone structure surrounding the tooth root and a healthy bone support. And fiber posts can be applied to the teeth with a good root canal treatment in a very comfortable way.
Anesthesia is not required at this stage since it is applied after the canal treatment. The patient does not feel any pain during the fiber post procedure. It is normal to see mild pain and swelling during the healing process.
Attention: Each person is unique. Duration, planning and the result of the treatment can be different for everyone. The information given in the table are basic and average and it doesn't represent fully accurate information for medical or scientific reliance.
|Number Of Sessions||2|
|Duration Of Operation||30 Minutes|
|Duration Of Sensitivity||-|
|Returning to work time||Instantly|
|Persistence of results||Continuous|
|Duration of hospital stay||-|
- Mon – St 10:00 – 22:00